Basic Guideline for Authors
Pakistan Journal of Social Research (PJSR) is a double-blind peer-reviewed academic Journal envisioned for researchers in all fields of social sciences. Your name, designation, and e-mail address is essential during submitting your article. The manuscript should be written in good English and submission of an article implies that the work has:
- Not been published previously in whole or part,
- Is not under consideration for publication elsewhere,
- Is approved by all authors,
- If accepted, will not be published elsewhere in whole or part, in English or any other language, without the written consent of the Publisher.
Publication Fee and Sources of Funding
Pakistan Journal of Social Research is working under “Health Education Research Foundation“- a purely a non-profit society registered under Societies Registration Act, XXI of 1860. The journal solely meets its expenses through the publication fee charged from the article contributors.
The paper publication fee (Rs. 40,000) is imposed to meet the petty expenses of the journal. The journal can give special waivers (upto 10 %) to the deserving PhD/M.Phil. Scholars and other sound contributors. The journal engages all staff, editorial/advisory/review board members on purely volunteer basis.
Pakistan Journal of Social Research (PJSR) is published quarterly.
Pakistan Journal of Social Research accepts the submission through Online Journal Management System-
Authorship of the Paper
Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study. Transparency about the contributions of authors is encouraged. The Journal allows maximum THREE coauthors for a single paper.
- Minimum words limit for the manuscript is 4000 and the maximum words limit is 8000. By exceeding words limit from maximum, it will be returned to the author(s) for revision.
- Articles should be typed in single-space on one side of the paper only with wide margins.
- You should clearly indicate that which author will handle correspondence at all stages of manuscript publication.
- Number of authors name in article shall not be exceeded from three and their information i.e. (name, affiliation, phone, e-mail address, fax, permanent and postal address and brief biography) shall appear on the cover page.
- Abstract should be one continue paragraph without headings and word limit shall be ranged from 150-200. Font size will be 11 in Time new Roman in italic style.
- The authors should scrutinize their article (spelling, figure, and illustrations) thoroughly before submitting.
|Format||All files of the manuscript should be submitted as Word Documents (doc or docx file). The files in pdf version are not acceptable.|
|Length of Manuscript||All submitted manuscript should have a length of 4000-8000 words including references.|
|Languages||It is the discretion of author(s) to use either American or British English. However, please do not mix both in a single manuscript.|
· Title of the manuscript
· Name(s) of author(s) and affiliation(s).
· Contact Details of the corresponding author.
· Author(s) contribution
|Abstract||Each manuscript should contain an abstract of 150-200 words. The author(s) should provide at least six keywords after the abstract.|
|Manuscript Style||· The manuscript must follow the APA Manual (7th Edition) for
· Times New Roman font with 11-point font size of body text
. Times New Roman font with 12-point font size for headings and
· single line space
· Remove any identifying notes or remarks throughout the text.
Paper must contain following sections:
- Title (not more than 10 words)
- Abstract (150-200 words)
- Keywords (5-7)
- Review of Literature
- Theoretical Framework/Conceptual Framework(optional)
- Materials and Methods
- Results and Discussion
- Policy Recommendations (optional)
- References (APA Style)
LICENSING & COPYRIGHT
Copyright of the manuscripts published are retained by the author/authors and the first publication rights granted to PJSR. PJSR or other team member will not be responsible for any successive use of the author(s) work. If so desired, it is the job of author (s) to bring an encroachment action.